As a part of the social media obsessed generation, I know my way around just about any social media platform. However, as the social media director for 14 East Magazine and Her Campus, I have developed an understanding of branding. Both organizations have a distinct style. 14 East is more formal than Her Campus, while Her Campus is more personal. Below are examples that show how I have tailored each organization’s social media posts based on branding and style.
14 East, Social Media Director:
As the social media director for 14 East, I’m in charge of our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts. Below are my responsibilities and accomplishments:
- Design weekly magazine covers and graphics using Canva.
- Draft 30+ weekly Twitter, Instagram and Facebook posts.
- Developed social media strategy.
- Develop promotional campaigns for 14 East Events and special series
- 14 East & Friends Fundraiser
- Women in Journalism: Modern Struggles and Triumphs
- 2017 Profile Series
Accomplishments: Grew Facebook following by 130%, Twitter following by 39% and Instagram following by 169% in 12 weeks.
Her Campus DePaul, Social Media Director:
As the social media director I am in charge of our Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest account.
- Draft 14 Facebook and Twitter posts.
- Create unique boards on Pinterest.
- Interact with followers and other Her Campus chapters.
- Share information from other DePaul organizations.
- Run occasional give away contests.
Accomplishments: We have 543 likes on Facebook and 515 followers on Twitter, each of which before my team and I gained control of the accounts winter quarter 2016, were below 450.